Who We Are
The Vancouver Recovery Club (VRC) is a federally registered non-profit organization dedicated to providing support services to individuals seeking recovery from alcoholism and drug addiction. Since its inception in 1983, the VRC is the only 24-hour drop in and referral centre of its kind in Vancouver.
The VRC’s services facilitate initial contact with those in need of a solution to their alcohol and addiction problems. The services also promote compassionate, continuous and discreet care for individuals to stay connected with the recovery process.
In collaboration with other local service agencies, the VRC strives to provide assistance to all individuals in need of assistance, endeavoring to eliminate all barriers so as to not turn anyone away.
While the VRC predominantly serves adult males and females 18 years and older, it also works with youth by promptly referring them to agencies that are specially equipped to assist youth and their respective issues.
The VRC operates three critical programs offering services to people in the Greater Vancouver Regional District, with concentrated emphasis on the Downtown Eastside and Mount Pleasant areas: Saferide Program, 24-hour Drop-in Recovery Centre and the Street Outreach Program.
The Vancouver Recovery Club’s growth since its inception in 1983 is a direct response to the growing problem of substance abuse in Vancouver, BC. Through these many years of service to the community, it has witnessed both the declension of human life and its resilient breakthroughs when it is able to help its clients remain connected with the recovery process.
- Remain an entry level service and help bridge the gap of the early recovery process
- Evaluate and fulfill referral and treatment needs
- Assist in eliminating dependency on mind altering substances thus breaking the cycle of addiction
- Help individuals become productive members of society and the work force
- Actively build healthier communities by strengthening and expanding our services to areas in need
- Maintain the established positive relationships with other agencies and support services in Vancouver and throughout the Lower Mainland
- Welcome and celebrate culture and diversity
Registered on August 29, 1983 the VRC has provided thousands of alcoholics and addicts with a safe, clean and sober environment while offering the opportunity to find a better life through 12 Step recovery programs.
Our first location at 750 Richards Street is where many of the dedicated members began a legacy of valuable 12 step work. The move to 722 Richards Street was motivated by a need for a larger space as the services and programs began to grow with the Street Outreach and the implementation of our Saferide program.
The VRC moved to our current location at 2775 Sophia St. in 1996, where we continue to grow and offer programs to support and promote a healthy and sober lifestyle.